Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-046
- Project: Filebrowser (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2013-May-1
- Security risk: Highly critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Filebrowser module allows site administrators to expose a particular file system folder and all of its subfolders with an FTP-like interface to site visitors.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize user input when presenting lists of files.
Because the vulnerability is Reflected Cross Site Scripting, the only mitigating factor is that an authenticated user must be tricked into visiting a specially crafted malicious url.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Filebrowser 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Filebrowser module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Filebrowser module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Filebrowser 6.x-2.2
Also see the Filebrowser project page.
- Yoran Brault the module maintainer
- Lee Rowlands of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.