Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-045
- Project: Autocomplete Widgets for Text and Number Fields (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2013-April-17
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Autocomplete Widgets module adds autocomplete widgets for Text and Number fields.
The autocomplete callback implemented by this module does not honor node permissions to access existing fields, allowing users to see field values even though they are not authorized to access that information.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission to create or edit content.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Autocomplete Widgets 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.4.
- Autocomplete Widgets 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.0-rc1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Autocomplete Widgets for Text and Number Fields module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Autocomplete Widgets module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Autocomplete Widgets 6.x-1.4
- If you use the Autocomplete Widgets module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Autocomplete Widgets 7.x-1.0-rc1
Also see the Autocomplete Widgets for Text and Number Fields project page.
- Stéphane Corlosquet of the Drupal Security Team
- David Rothstein of the Drupal Security Team
- Owen Barton of the Drupal Security Team
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
- Ben Jeavons of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.