As of 2013-21-11, at least drupal 7.24 is required
The authcache 2.x branch is everything about breaking up the code into several submodules. First this allows deactivating support-code for core-modules not in use. Second by using our own API, it will automatically improve such that third-party integration becomes much easier.
The following things changed in the 7.x-2.x branch:
- Extract AJAX-support into an optional submodule
- Extracted support for the following core modules into separate submodules: block, comment, contact, forum, poll, statistics
- Extracted the debug widget into its separate submodule
- Split up ajax/authcache.php and placed submodule-specific code into the proper places.
- Split up authcache.js as well as convert everything to Drupal.behaviors.
- Get rid of all global variables
- Get rid of
cache_uidcookie and generally leak less unnecessary info.