Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-009
- Project: Keyboard Shortcut Utility (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-January-23
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The module doesn't sufficiently check node access to view nodes for users who have "view shortcuts" permission. It also doesn't check node access to view, edit, or delete nodes for users who have the "admin shortcuts" permission.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "view shortcuts" or "admin shortcuts".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- All Keyboard Shortcut Utility 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Keyboard Shortcut Utility module, there is nothing you need to do.
Update to the latest version of the module (7.x-1.1 or higher).
Also see the Keyboard Shortcut Utility project page.
Ivan Zugec the new module maintainer.
- Ivo Van Geertruyen of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.