- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-148
- Project: Organic groups (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-September-26
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
OG (Organic groups) enables users to create and manage their own 'groups'. Each group can have subscribers, and maintains a group home page where subscribers communicate amongst themselves. A group membership can be given immediately upon subscribing, or be pending - waiting for a group administrator to approve it.
OG doesn't properly maintain pending memberships if the user is allowed to edit their own account.
In addition, under certain circumstances, a user was able to post to a group which they were not a member of.
There are no additional mitigating factors for these issues.
- OG (Organic groups) 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.5.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Organic groups module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the OG 7.x-1.x module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to OG (Organic groups) 7.x-1.5
Also see the Organic groups project page.
- Amitai Burstein the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.