Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-145
- Project: Imagemenu (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-September-19
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Imagemenu module allows you to create Drupal menus from images files.
The module doesn't sufficiently escape image file names when rendering menus, allowing a potential XSS attack.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer imagemenu".
- Imagemenu 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Imagemenu module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Imagemenu module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Imagemenu 6.x-1.4
Also see the Imagemenu project page.
- Paul Maddern, module maintainer
- Marcus Clements, module maintainer
- Ben Jeavons of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.