Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-089
- Project: Counter (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-May-30
- Security risk: Highly critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: SQL Injection
Counter module counts how many visitors on your website. This module provides real time counting with all data saved to the database.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user supplied text when recording visits to the database which leads to a SQL Injection vulnerability.
- All Counter module versions.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Counter module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you currently use the Counter module you should disable the module.
Also see the Counter project page.
The issue was not fixed.
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.