Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-088
- Project: Mobile Tools (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-May-30
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Mobile Tools provides Drupal developers with some tools to assist in making a site mobile.
The module contains several persistent cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities due to the fact that it fails to sanitize user supplied values before display.
- Mobile Tools 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.3
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Mobile Tools module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Mobile Tools module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Mobile Tools 6.x-2.3
Also see the Mobile Tools project page.
- Mathew Winstone (minorOffense) the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.