Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-083
- Project: Taxonomy List (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-May-23
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to display the terms (and optionally nodes) under categories.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize user supplied text in the taxonomy information.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with permissions to create or edit taxonomy terms.
- Taxonomy List 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.4.
The 6.x-2.x branch is not affected.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Taxonomy List module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Taxonomy List module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Taxonomy List 6.x-2.0.
- If you must use the 6.x-1.x branch of the Taxonomy List module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Taxonomy List 6.x-1.4 (which is no longer supported).
Also see the Taxonomy List project page.
- Dylan Wilder-Tack of the Drupal Security Team
- Nancy Wichmann the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.