- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-077
- Project: Advertisement (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-May-16
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Information Disclosure, Multiple vulnerabilities
This module enables you to serve advertisements, define pools of ads and show certain ads on certain pages.
The module could, under certain conditions, expose limited site configuration information and a debugging mode did not sufficiently sanitize input, allowing for potential cross-site scripting (XSS).
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that exposed data must have been explicitly set in the $conf variable in settings.php.
- Advertisement 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Advertisement module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Advertisement module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Advertisement 6.x-2.3
Also see the Advertisement project page.
- Matt Kleve of the Drupal Security Team
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
- Ivo Van Geertruyen of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.