Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-067
- Project: Linkit (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-April-25
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Linkitprovides an easy interface for internal and external linking. Linkit links to nodes, users, managed files, terms and have basic support for all entities by default, using an autocomplete field.
When searching for entities, no access restrictions were added and users may see information about content that they do not normally have access to see. This issue only affects sites using an entity access module to limit access to content for some users.
- Linkit 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Linkit module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Linkit module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Linkit 7.x-2.3
Also see the Linkit project page.
- Emil Stjerneman the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.