- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-066
- Project: Spaces (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-April-25
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Spaces is an API module intended to make configuration options generally avaliable only at the sitewide level to be configurable and overridden by individual "spaces" on a Drupal site.
The spaces and spaces_og modules (part of the spaces package) in some cases do not apply the expected spaces access permission to pages that are non-objects (e.g. /node)
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that node_access and user profile permissions will prevent node or user data from being exposed, but other information (e.g. block data,etc) is still displayed. This issue only affects sites using spaces to limit access to content for some users.
- Spaces 6.x-3.x versions prior to 6.x-3.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Spaces module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Spaces module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Spaces 6.x-3.4
Also see the Spaces project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
- Matt Kleve of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.