Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-054
- Project: Chaos tool suite (ctools) (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This suite is primarily a set of APIs and tools to improve the developer experience. It also contains a module called the Page Manager whose job is to manage pages. In particular it manages panel pages, but as it grows it will be able to manage far more than just Panels.
The module doesn't appropriate filter user signatures when rendering comments.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "post comments" and a site must use Chaos tool suite to render comments.
- Chaos tool suite 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Chaos tool suite (ctools) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Chaos tool suite module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Chaos tool suite 7.x-1.0
Also see the Chaos tool suite (ctools) project page.
- Earl Miles the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.