Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-052
- Project: Node Limit Number (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-March-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
The Node Limit Number module enables an administrator to place limits on how many nodes may be created by each user.
Node Limit Number does not protect the delete URL against Cross Site Request Forgery attacks, allowing a malicious user to trick someone with "administer node limitnumber" permissions to unknowingly remove existing limits.
- Node Limit Number 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Node Limit Number module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Node Limit Number module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Node Limit Number 6.x-1.2
Also see the Node Limit Number project page.
- Ivo Van Geertruyen of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.