Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The current Books page (listing published books about Drupal, currently at http://drupal.org/books) is hard to maintain, as it is a collection of several static pages.
Create a Book Listing content type, and a filterable View, to replace the current static pages.
Development site: http://docs-infra-drupal.redesign.devdrupal.org/books
Test and deploy.
- Remove /books path alias from http://drupal.org/node/42200 ( admin/build/path/list/books to search )
- Upload and enable drupalorg_book_listings feature ( admin/build/features )
If /books pages gives "invalid vocabulary is selected" or "illegal choice" error - go to Views ( admin/build/views ), edit the book_listings view, click on first Taxonomy:Term in Filters and select "Book availability" as the taxonomy, and select "Available" as the default. Do the same taxonomy selection in the Availability taxonomy field (near bottom of fields list). Save the view.[note: the preceding should never be necessary]
- Apply the patches to bluecheese, drupalorg_handbook, drupalorg_crosssite projects and clear the cache
- Edit taxonomy vocabularies: Drupal version, Audience, Keywords, Level, Book availability, Book format to add them to "Book listing" content type ( admin/content/taxonomy )
- Enable blocks "Book listing add link" and "Book listings Information", and put them on the right sidebar in that order ( admin/build/block )
- Edit new Book Listing content type ( admin/content/node-type/book-listing ) and set:
- "Published" off
- "Promoted to front page" off
- "Sticky at top of lists" off
- "Create new revision" on
- "Attachments" disabled
- Comments are turned on
- Go to global Theme settings ( admin/build/themes/settings ) and check off "Display post information" for Book listing
- Check user permissions ( admin/user/permissions ): authenticated users should be able to create book listings and edit own book listings (these are in the "features" section of permissions).
To-Dos after deployment:
1. LoMo to fill in new content type using his Selenium script
2. Manually add a link to the new Books page from Documentation landing page, and from "Understanding Drupal" http://drupal.org/documentation/understand (where Books used to be).
3. Manually delete the previous node pages for the books listings, and redirect them to /books (or if we want to get fancy, to a filtered subset of /books):