Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-039
- Project: Language icons (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-14
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Language icons module adds icons to language links generated by the Locale and Content Translation modules in core.
The module does not sanitize some of the user-supplied data before displaying it, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability. This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer languages".
- Language icons 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.1.
- Language icons 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Language icons module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Language icons module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Language icons 6.x-2.1
- If you use the Language icons module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Language icons 7.x-1.0
See also the Language icons project page.
- Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.