Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-038
- Project: Views Language Switcher (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-14
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Views Language Switcher module enables you to provide natively-formatted links that act as Views exposed filters for i18n content being displayed by Views.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter the path output when a user manually modifies the path and makes a new request.
This vulnerability can be exploited by anonymous users.
- Views Language Switcher 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Views Language Switcher module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Views Language Switcher module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Views Language Switcher 7.x-1.2
See also the Views Language Switcher project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.