Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-009
- Project: Revisioning (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-January-18
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables you to create moderation publication workflows, allowing authors to create content that isn't visible to the public until it has been approved by a moderator/publisher.
The module's implementation of hook_node_access() assumes that access is to granted/denied based on the logged-in user's permissions. However, the hook may be invoked in contexts whereby the access grants are to be returned for a particular account passed into the hook. This could result in an access bypass vulnerability if node_access() is called for a specific user account.
This vulnerability happens when using the XML sitemap module which as a result will disclose the URLs of un-accessible or unpublished content to anonymous users. The actual content itself is not disclosed.
- Revisioning 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.3.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Revisioning module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Revisioning module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Revisioning 7.x-1.3.
See also the Revisioning project page.
- Dave Reid, Drupal Security Team member
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.