Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Facet API Bonus
Drupal 7 module
git clone http://git.drupal.org/sandbox/daniel.nolde/1387636.git facet_api_bonus
Facet API Bonus for Drupal 7 is a collection of additional Facet API plugins and functionality, foremost filter and dependency plugins – And a place to collect more additional Facet API extensions.
Currently Facet API Bonus includes:
- Facet Dependency: Dependency plugin to make one facet (say "product category") to show up depending on other facets or specific facet items being active (say "content type" is "product" or "service"). Very flexible, supports multiple facets to be dependencies, as well as regexp for specifying facet item dependencies, as well as option how to behave if a dependency is being lost.
- Exclude Items: Filter plugin to exclude certain facet items by their markup/title or internal value (say excluding "page" from "content types"). Regexp are also possible.
- Rewrite Items: Filter plugin to rewrite labels or internals of the facet items via a admin-configurable callback function (in a structured array, before rendering). Very handy to rewrite list field values or totally custom encoded facet values for user friendly output.
Further additions are very welcome!
Facet API Bonus is written for Drupal 7, and is stable, tested, and ready to be used in production environments.
- Facet API is obviously required, as well as a compatible search module (e.g. apachesolr, search_api).
- http://drupal.org/project/facetapi_extra, created at the same time, seems to aim for the same goal, containing but one smaller dependency plugin at the moment. Facet API Bonus offers more different plugins for more use cases, the plugins in Facet API Bonus are richer in function and number at the moment. Maintainers will later discuss further distinction or merge.
My earlier application for full project access had been stuck in the cvs>git transition, hopefully this one will work ;)