Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2011-056
- Project: Webform Validation (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2011-November-30
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Webform Validation module enables you to add form validation rules to Webform components through a UI.
The module contains multiple cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities due to the fact that it fails to sanitize certain user entered text prior to displaying in the browser.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with permission to update Webform nodes. Various permissions provide for this ability.
- Webform Validation 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.4.
- Webform Validation 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Webform Validation module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Webform Validation module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Webform Validation 6.x-1.5
- If you use the Webform Validation module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Webform Validation 7.x-1.1
See also the Webform Validation project page.
- Sven Decabooter the module maintainer
- Forest Monsen of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.