Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CORE-2011-003
- Project: Drupal core
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2011-July-27
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Access bypass in private file fields on comments.
Drupal 7 contains two new features: the ability to attach File upload fields to any entity type in the system and the ability to point individual File upload fields to the private file directory.
If a Drupal site is using these features on comments, and the parent node is denied access (either by a node access module or by being unpublished), the file attached to the comment can still be downloaded by non-privileged users if they know or guess its direct URL.
This issue affects Drupal 7.x only.
- Drupal 7.x before version 7.5.
Install the latest version:
- If you are running Drupal 7.x then upgrade to Drupal 7.5 or
The Security Team has released both a pure security update without other bug fixes and a security update combined with other bug fixes and improvements. You can choose to either only include the security update for an immediate fix (which might require less quality assurance and testing) or more fixes and improvements alongside the security fixes by choosing between Drupal 7.5 and Drupal
7.6 7.7. Read the announcement for more information.
See also the Drupal core project page.
- The File access bypass was reported by Florian Weber.
- The File access bypass was fixed by Stéphane Corlosquet and Károly Négyesi, both members of the Drupal security team.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.