Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-2007-007
- Project: Textimage (third-party module)
- Version: 4.7.x, 5.x
- Date: 2007-Jan-31
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Captcha bypass
Captcha validation by Textimage can be bypassed by manipulating request variables while posting. This defeats the purpose of the captcha and makes automated submission possible.
- All versions of Textimage 4.7.x prior to Textimage 4.7-1.2.
- All versions of Textimage 5.x prior to Textimage 5.x-1.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Captcha module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
See also the Textimage project page.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.