Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
What you'll need:
1. Drupal latest version
2. Wamp5 grab it from http://www.wampserver.com/en/index.php
1. Install Wamp
2. unzip Drupal into your wamp's www folder. Rename drupal-5.1 directory to drupal (eg C:\wamp\www\drupal)
3. Run WAMP, you should get a wamp icon in your system tray. You need the dial to be white to continue. Note if you run Skype, it interferes with WAMP and so you have to start WAMP without Skype running (and then start Skype if you need it)
4. open a browser window and go to http://localhost/
5. press to phpmyadmin link
in field "create new database" enter drupaldb (it's going to be a database name for this installation).
6. now open http://localhost/drupal
follow the on screen prompts to install drupal.
On screen prompts and what to enter in the boxes:
Database type: mysql
Database name: drupaldb
Database username: root
Database password: (don't put anything in this box)
7. Create the first account
Enter your email
Then press create
Probably you will get this message:
"warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and
"smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\drupal\includes\common.inc on line 1970."
It's OK. Just enter and confirm password. As this is only for testing locally I'd suggest setting the password to:
admin (or something like that)
Press link Home.
Visit administration section, it will say "One or more problems were detected with your Drupal installation. Check the
status report for more information."
Go to status report.
If File system marked as red, press File system link. Press save configuration.
Press Administer link.
Again status report.
If Cron maintenance is red, press run cron manually. Color should change to green.
Now remaining problem is GD library:
Left click on Wamp icon in tray. Choose: PHP Settings -> PHP extensions -> click php_gd2
Refresh your webpage. Color is green everywhere.
Oppa!!! You now have a local copy of Drupal for testing purposes :)
Save address http://localhost/drupal/ to your favorites. You must have running wampserver in order to access your