Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I'm trying to set up a multi-site installation, where individual sites have URLs like http://host/drupal/site1
So far, I've been unable to create more than 1 site.
The first thing I tried was installing the default site and then creating the other sites.
- 2 MySQL databases, one for the default site and other for site1
- Unpacked drupal to /opt/drupal-7.0
- Edit settings.php for default and site1
- Added the Directory entry in apache's .conf file. See below.
- Changed rights for both sites
- sudo chmod a+w sites/default/settings.php
- sudo chmod a+w sites/default
- Restarted Apache2
- Called the install script http://host/drupal/install.php
- Created a symlink for site1 (/opt/drupal-7.0/site1 points to /opt/drupal-7.0)
- Called the install script on site1 http://host/drupal/site1/install.php... Fail, Drupal says it has been already installed. If I try to access http://host/drupal/site1/, I get the default site
Then I tried to call the install script of site1 before the default site, and then I got equivalent results (site1 becomes the only site I can access to).
I've also created a sites.php file when site1 was acting as the default one, but that did not help. Here is the content :
$sites['localhost/drupal/site1'] = 'site1'; $sites['localhost/drupal/default'] = 'default';
Here's the section of the VirtualHost:
Alias /drupal /opt/drupal-7.0 <Directory /opt/drupal-7.0> AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> <Location /drupal> </Location>
Does anyone have a clue on what's going wrong or is missing?
Thanks in advance.