I'm working on a site which I just unpacked the 7.26 core, but the site still says there is an update and that the core modules are version 7.24. I FTP into the directory, open the module file, and can see that the file is actually the 7.26 core version.

I've cleared cache, run cron, run update script (in and out of maintenance mode) and can't seem to get the site to reflect that it has been updated.

This is my 4th Drupal site, so I feel like I should have it figured out a bit by now, but I could be missing something. Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Jordan

Comments

VM’s picture

positive you don't have two installs embedded in each other? or a second copy of the system.module somewhere within the install?

Internet Mate’s picture

Fresh install seems to have the same issue.
I just installed Drupal from drupal-7.26.zip (all new files, new database). I am getting warning message "There is a security update available for your version of Drupal. To ensure [...]" on each admin page.

Status report (admin/reports/status) and Available updates (admin/reports/updates) pages show version 7.24 and say there's an update available to 7.26.

I tried to run cron manually and update.php but the issue persists.

VM’s picture

I can't reproduce your findings. To be sure, I set up a new database and downloaded Drupal 7.26 on to my localhost. I unarchived 7.26 and placed it in its own folder and the install reports 7.26 is installed.

JordanBeckett’s picture

I deleted all directories except the /sites directory, then dropped 7.26 in -- still reflecting 7.24. Could there be something in the database hanging on to an old item?

VM’s picture

you are running update.php?

you haven't backed up the old files any where where drupal can see them?

JordanBeckett’s picture

All I saved was the /sites folder in the Drupal root directory. All else got deleted. The only copy I have on the site is local (on my laptop).

I will try copying 7.24 back on and seeing if update.php will work. When I run it with all the 7.26 files in place it tells me there are no pending updates -- which it should, because all the files that are actually on the web server (aside from the /site directory) are 7.26.

CRON, update.php, clearing cache, anything else I may have missed? This one is a stumper.

VM’s picture

are you absolutely positive that in the sites folder there are no core modules? especially the system.module?

JordanBeckett’s picture

Nope, I'm not. I will dig through the sites folder more thoroughly. I assumed that the sites folder was isolated, but that may turn out to be an incorrect assumption.

Thanks for the idea VM!

JordanBeckett’s picture

I found nothing... only non-core modules I've installed.

VM’s picture

as silly as this may seem are you sure you are changing the files out on the right server?

MarkPrezent’s picture

I have the same problem here. I am sure that I am updating the right files. The things I have tried is overwriting the files just by copying and overwriting the files in my IDE. The other thing I've tried is update by Drush on a clean checkout from our svn repository.

This is the feedback by Drush
Project drupal was updated successfully. Installed version is now 7.26.
No database updates required [success]
'all' cache was cleared. [success]
Finished performing updates. [ok]

After running /admin/reports/updates/update it shows I am still using 7.24 and there is an update available: 7.26

magpie5212’s picture

Seems a pity we have to put in 7.25 first.

Dave Roberts

magpie5212’s picture

Title says it all

Dave Roberts

JordanBeckett’s picture

As far as I can tell, I was doing everything right...

Here's what I tried that DID NOT work:
-Updating core from 7.24 to 7.26 by dropping the Drupal core (7.26) files (all except the /sites folder) into the site's root.
-Clearing cache
-Running CRON
-Running update.php

*After the above steps, the 7.26 files were in place, but the admin > modules page showed 7.24 installed. I went in (via FTP) to check the files, and 7.26 were the files ACTUALLY in place. I couldn't find 7.24 anywhere!

What I tried that DID work:
-Unpack the 7.24 files (all except the /sites folder) back into the site's root.
-Run update.php
-Unpack the 7.25 files (all except the /sites folder)
-Run update.php
-Checked admin > modules to confirm, YEP, 7.25 is in place!
-Unpacked the 7.26 files (all except the /sites folder)
-Run update.php
-Checked admin > modules to confirm, FINALLY, 7.26 was installed.

I've not had this problem before. If I miss an update, I've always been able to go straight to the newest. However, that wasn't the case with this update, from 7.24 to 7.26 -- I had to step from 7.24 to 7.25, then to 7.26.

I hope this helps!! I'm up and running with everything updated now.

MarkPrezent’s picture

Thnx jordanbeckett.

This did the trick.

JordanBeckett’s picture

You're welcome -- glad I could help!

jamescook’s picture

going from 7.22 or 7.23 etc. to 7.26 should work without having to install 7.25. Has anyone found a true solution to this problem, i.e. without going through a 7.25 update?

My Status Report says

Info Drupal 7.26

and later on

Error Drupal core update status Not secure! (version 7.26 available)!

Must be some flag to change - in the DB?

magpie5212’s picture

The only place on my site I can see the version number is in includes/bootstrap.inc.

The copy on my site says:

/**
 * The current system version.
 */
define('VERSION', '7.28');

Dave Roberts

JordanBeckett’s picture

I haven't found another solution other than installing one after the other. However, I haven't had issues updating since, so I didn't invest the time in pursuing understanding of what was going on -- just the quickest fix I could find.

Did you have any success upgrading manually?

adeel.iqbal’s picture

I have faced the same issue. I have checked all the files and everything else I can and also did update.php run, clear all cache, run cron. but at the end it was apache cache issue which is resolved by restarting the server.
I hope this will help.