I just created forum categories on a new site, and added a new topic assigned to one of the forums. The new topic shows up in the New topics block, but it doesn't list in the Forums section under the category / categories I assign it to, and it also doesn't add in to the Topics and Totals counts in the forums list, or show under the Last post column.

I've checked all the permissions and settings I can find for forums and I'm stumped. Please help ...

Comments

VM’s picture

are you using the contrib category.module ?

rsearle’s picture

Yes I am

VM’s picture

Thats where your problem is coming from. All i can do is direct you to the category.module issue querry, and to the developers documentation about the module. The issue query is on the category.module project page. The categories documentation is on the developers website which I believe is listed in the readme.txt file http://category.greenash.net.au/

sounds like you don't have the taxonomy imported and wrapped correctly for forum and category.module to work together. The category.module affects the way forums work because the forums are built from taxonomy.

good luck.

rsearle’s picture

I wasn't able to get my taxonomy imported properly to the category.module, maybe because I created all my categories using the category.module and I had no legacy taxonomy. After experimenting with various category features I ended up disabling taxonomy wrapper (and book wrapper), so forums are working in very basic form (I guess like native Drupal). That'll do for now until I can improve on it. Thanks for your help ...