Hi.
I'm using the category module v 1.104 (2006/04/17 07:05:57) with enabled category_menu.
For one container I've set "enable (but disable each item)" for menu items. If I manually activate the menu item for this container and then edit the container, the item is deactivated again.
Is this a bug or a feature? :-)
Or is this already fixed in a newer version?

Comments

Jaza’s picture

This is the way category_menu works - it saves menu items as 'custom items', so Drupal has no way of distinguishing changes made by category_menu, with changes made by the user. Numerous issues have been filed against the category package regarding this - see the issue queue.

Also, you are not using the latest version of category - I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version, particularly as Drupal security advisory SA-2006-008 affects the category module, and as the category module was only recently patched to fix this security issue.

Jeremy Epstein - GreenAsh

stBorchert’s picture

This is the way category_menu works - it saves menu items as 'custom items', so Drupal has no way of distinguishing changes made by category_menu, with changes made by the user.

Hm, I've already thought something like this.
We don't change this container often so I think it's enough to drop a note to my editors to have a look at this container.

I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version

Jup, planned it for this weekend (especially update drupal to 4.7.2).

Thanks for your fast answer.

greetz,

Stefan

by the way: where is the attribute "hidden container" stored? I searched but could not find it.

Jaza’s picture

by the way: where is the attribute "hidden container" stored? I searched but could not find it.

It's in the 'hidden_cont' field of the 'category_cont' table.