Hi, I think I'm in the right area. Only new too Drupal. Drupal is looking like its core along with gmap is going to meet my needs perfectly.

I do have a small bit of external data to integrate however and am not sure how to do it. It involves taking product information from SAP. Its basically information around my companys products. I would like to take all the product info (about 600 products) from SAP (or wherever really, fact is it's an external datasource to drupal) every 24 hours and somehow put it into the drupal system so it is viewable on the site just as if I went in and created it via the add article link in administrator. It need not be editable though as it will be refreshed every 24 hours so not point in editing in the drupal cms, but I want this information on the site.

I know it will involve coding but not sure if I would need a module on the drupal side to pull data or a script on the DB source side to push the data directly into the drupal DB. How can I create pages programmatically, using a template for a parent node of all these new pages? Do I just learn the under lying db schema of the node table and lash it in directly or is there a better way? For instance a product will have title, body, image and in my theme folder I want to have a single template for these pages with slots for each of these items. I'm actually not at the development stage yet but need to know roughly the best way of doing these for estimates of time etc.

thanks in advance.
dave.