I have a site where I want OG group admins to be able to add new users to use the group like a mailing list.

At the present, I have to assign them a role and give the Group Leader role Administrate Users priveleges to let them access Users and the Add User form, where they can be created with the group membership checkbox set.

This is dangerous since they could also do malicious things to users so I have to just trust them at present.

It would be better if the invite/add members functionality allowed you to create an account instantly just by adding their email address.

It could give them a random password and their email as their username and send them the account creation message and that would be that.

Is there a way to achieve this?

It would make growing the userbase much easier for the OG admins.

Comments

markDrupal’s picture

I would also like a way to allow OG group administrator to add a user to the group by typing in the email address. If the user is not part of the site, it would also generate a new user account for that email automatically.

This would allow drupal to be used as a email group much easier. As presently I have yet to find a solution for group admins to add new members to the group and also at the same time add them to the website.

lxpk’s picture

looks like we're on our own, maybe we should contact the developers of OG directly? contact me directly if you want to get this done. lxpk@empowerthyself.com

stevepowell’s picture

yes, for my purposes the invitees would always be new, not yet members. Any progress on this?