Check the new VoIP Drupal fact sheet: http://bit.ly/voipdrupalfacts
VoIP Drupal is an innovative framework that brings the power of voice and Internet-telephony to Drupal sites. It can be used to build hybrid applications that combine regular touchtone phones, web, SMS, Twitter, IM and other communication tools in a variety of ways, including:
- Voice- and SMS-based Go Out to Vote campaigns
- 2-1-1, 3-1-1 and other information hotlines
- Phone-based community surveys
- PTA and other meeting reminders
- Story recording / playback
- Group voicemail
- Audio speed-dating services
- Language training
- Audio tours
- Adventure games
- Interactive community radio programs
- Geo-based callblasts aimed at specific streets or locations
- And much more!
Technically speaking, the goal of VoIP Drupal is to provide a common API and scripting system that interoperate with popular Internet-telephony servers (Asterisk, FreeSwitch, Tropo, Twilio, etc) dramatically reducing the learning and development costs associated with the construction of unified communication systems that combine voice and text technologies together.
The following VoIP servers are currently supported:
- KooKoo, through the voipkookoo.module
- Plivo Cloud and Plivo Framework, through the voipplivo.module
- Tropo, through the voiptropo.module
- Twilio, through the voiptwilio.module
For information about the different modules included in the VoIP Drupal framework, please check the "code organization" page.
This project is under continuous development. If you would like to get involved or simply ask questions, discussions are taking place on the VoIP Drupal Group. You can find additional information in the VoIP Drupal Handbook and on the VoIP Drupal demo site