Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Views Raw SQL allows arbitrary SQL expressions to be added to Views, as fields and sorts. This is useful when you want to do something more complicated than Views or Views Calc can do already, e.g. sort by the sum of two fields multiplied by the square root of another field, and you've already built functionality around doing this in Views so it would be a pain to switch to a custom query.
IMPORTANT: Views Raw SQL expressions are not safe. They can be used to circumvent data access restrictions with malicious SQL or to break a view with invalid SQL. So be very careful who you grant permission to use this module.
A typical use of this module will look something like this:
- In Views configuration, turn on the option to display query in preview.
- Create a View that includes all of the fields you want to use in your SQL expressions. For example, if you want to add two number fields together, you first need to get the number fields loading. If you don't know how to do this, you shouldn't be using this module.
- In the query preview, find the names of the fields you want to use. If you don't know how to read a SQL query, you shouldn't be using this module.
- Add a new raw SQL field or sort, and write an expression that uses existing fields.
In the example, above, the raw SQL field looked like this:
(field_data_field_value_change_week.field_value_change_week_value / field_data_field_value.field_value_value) * SQRT(field_data_field_value.field_value_value)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 830 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,291
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.