Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Import users into Drupal, or update existing users, with data from a CSV file (comma separated file). Provides a wide range of features out of the box, and a comprehensive API to customise imports.
Create and Update Accounts
- Create an account for each user
- Update existing users option (data can be added or replaced)
Support For Many Fields
- Match CSV columns to account and profile fields
- Roles can be set for users (set for all users, or imported per user with option to create new roles)
- Can import passwords from CSV file (plain text only)
- Support for Nodeprofile import (Node Import module is required - Drupal 5 only)
- Support for Content Profile import (Node Import module is required - Drupal 6 only)
Account Info Options
- Can create Usernames based on data from the file
e.g. "John" + "Smith" => "JohnSmith"
- Usernames can be made of abbreviated data from the file
e.g. "John" + "Smith" => "JSmith"
- Can create random, human readable, Usernames
- Can create random passwords for each new account
- Can set each user's contact form to enabled
- Can set each user's account to active
- Option to generate email addresses
- Upload CSV files through browser
- Use file uploaded through SFTP, FTP,...
- Drop an import file into a directory to trigger an automatic import
- Can send custom welcome email with account details to each new user
- Welcome email can include profile data
- Processing can be triggered by cron or manually by an administrator
- Can stagger number of users imported, so that not too many emails are sent at one time
- Designed to be infinitely scalable
- Drush support
- Import settings can be saved for re-use on future imports
- Test mode option to check import for basic errors
Add additional features with these modules that make use of the User Import API:
- User Import Delete (D7)
Options to cancel existing accounts not in an import
- User Import Domain Access (D6)
- User Import Organic Groups (D6)
- Node Import (enables import into a Profile node) (D6)
Core User entity fields supported, except File and Image type fields.
Profile 2 fields not yet well tested, this feature is in development.
User Import 7.x-2.1
Note that from version 7.x-2.1 'Private files system path' must be set, as all imported CSV files are moved to the private files directory for processing. If updating from a previous version please also run Drupal update.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Import/Export, User Access & Authentication, User Management, Utility
- Reported installs: 11,482 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 112,254
- Last modified: March 6, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.