A block showing the website's uptime ratio (e.g. 99,98%).
Website statistics are only complete with uptime information. It shows you care about server reliability and makes you more trustworthy for potential customers. Because it's a normal Drupal block it can however also be shown to a certain role only (e.g. webmaster) or on specific pages.
It uses the service from UptimeRobot.com:
"Monitors your websites every 5 minutes, totally free.
Get alerts by e-mail, SMS, Twitter, RSS or push notifications for iPhone/iPad."
- Optionally show the block for specific roles e.g. only the webmaster or on specific pages.
- Optionally modify the widget color, rounded corners and other CSS values by enabling the Style (CSS) Settings module.
- Optionally add a copyright notice that automatically updates to the current year.
At 'admin/config/system/uptime' fill in your 'API key':
Go to http://www.uptimerobot.com ▶ Sign-up (free) ▶ Account Activation ▶ Login ▶ Add New Monitor ▶ Monitor Type: HTTP(s) ▶ Create Monitor ▶ My Settings ▶ Create the main API key ▶ Copy & paste it.
Fill in your 'Monitor ID':
Go to http://api.uptimerobot.com/getMonitors?apiKey=FILL-IN-YOUR-API-KEY-HERE, change the last part of the URL, reload and copy your monitor ID.
Optionally enable the copyright notice that auto updates to the current year, like:
© 2008-2014 www.example.com
Two versions are available:
◦ A visually appealing widget, by default enabled in the footer.
◦ A simple text version, by default disabled.
Block settings at '/admin/structure/block/manage/uptime/uptime_widget/configure'
for the widget or at '/admin/structure/block/manage/uptime/uptime_text/configure'
for the text version.
To use only a simple text, disable the 'Uptime widget' block and enable 'Uptime text only'.
Just enable the Style (CSS) Settings module to have a section 'CSS variables' added on the settings page with extra options (e.g. widget color, rounded corners).
To override the string "Uptime" or other text strings, you can also use http://drupal.org/project/stringoverrides which provides an easy way to replace any text on your site that's wrapped in the t() function.
- "Can I reset the monitor?"
Go to http://www.uptimerobot.com/myMonitors.asp. In the 'Actions' column delete the monitor and re-create it again.
- "During development my site might be down. Can I pause the monitor?"
Disable uptime in the settings form. This pauses monitoring and removes the ratio display.
- The UpTime gets refreshed every 24 hours or after saving the UpTime settings.
- If the region ‘footer’ is not available in the used theme, the block should be enabled “manually”.
- The module depends on the curl PHP extension which is usually present on most hosts, otherwise it produces a Fatal Error warning. Check on your site at admin/reports/status/php#module_curl.
Fully functional. Tested on Drupal 8.0-alpha 4-6. No simple text version widget is offered, only the fancy one. Another difference with previous versions is that the block should be 'placed' first at admin/structure/block. A stable version will be released once a stable D8 gets released.
In the same series
The module PageRank Widget.