A block showing the website's uptime ratio (e.g. 99,98%).
Website statistics are only complete with uptime information. It shows you care about server reliability and makes you more trustworthy for potential customers. Because it's a normal Drupal block it can however also be shown to a certain role only (e.g. webmaster) or on specific pages.
It uses the service from UptimeRobot.com:
"Monitors your websites every 5 minutes, totally free.
Get alerts by e-mail, SMS, Twitter, RSS or push notifications for iPhone/iPad."
- Optionally show the block for specific roles e.g. only the webmaster or on specific pages.
- Optionally modify the widget color, rounded corners and other CSS values by enabling the Style (CSS) Settings module.
- Optionally add a copyright notice that automatically updates to the current year.
At 'admin/config/system/uptime' fill in your 'API key':
Go to http://www.uptimerobot.com ▶ Sign-up (free) ▶ Account Activation ▶ Login ▶ Add New Monitor ▶ Monitor Type: HTTP(s) ▶ Create Monitor ▶ My Settings ▶ Create the main API key ▶ Copy & paste it.
Fill in your 'Monitor ID':
Go to http://api.uptimerobot.com/getMonitors?apiKey=FILL-IN-YOUR-API-KEY-HERE, change the last part of the URL, reload and copy your monitor ID.
Optionally enable the copyright notice that auto updates to the current year, like:
© 2008-2014 www.example.com
Two versions are available:
◦ A visually appealing widget, by default enabled in the footer.
◦ A simple text version, by default disabled.
Block settings at '/admin/structure/block/manage/uptime/uptime_widget/configure'
for the widget or at '/admin/structure/block/manage/uptime/uptime_text/configure'
for the text version.
To use only a simple text, disable the 'Uptime widget' block and enable 'Uptime text only'.
Just enable the Style (CSS) Settings module to have a section 'CSS variables' added on the settings page with extra options (e.g. widget color, rounded corners).
To override the string "Uptime" or other text strings, you can also use http://drupal.org/project/stringoverrides which provides an easy way to replace any text on your site that's wrapped in the t() function.
- "Can I reset the monitor?"
Go to http://www.uptimerobot.com/myMonitors.asp. In the 'Actions' column delete the monitor and re-create it again.
- "During development my site might be down. Can I pause the monitor?"
Disable uptime in the settings form. This pauses monitoring and removes the ratio display.
- The UpTime gets refreshed every 24 hours or after saving the UpTime settings.
- If the region ‘footer’ is not available in the used theme, the block should be enabled “manually”.
- The module depends on the curl PHP extension which is usually present on most hosts, otherwise it produces a Fatal Error warning. Check on your site at admin/reports/status/php#module_curl.
Fully functional. Tested on Drupal 8.0-alpha 4-6. No simple text version widget is offered, only the fancy one. Another difference with previous versions is that the block should be 'placed' first at admin/structure/block. A stable version will be released once a stable D8 gets released.
In the same series
The module PageRank Widget.
Cross browser tested
The HTML generated by this module has been tried on many different browsers and mobile devices using BrowserStack.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Statistics, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 31 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,599
- Last modified: February 5, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.