Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The RealName module allows the administrator to choose fields from the user profile that will be used to add a "real name" element (method) to a user object. Hook_user is used to automatically add this to any user object that is loaded. It will also optionally set all nodes and comments to show this name.
The module underwent a major rewrite and simplification for Drupal 7 and now depends on the core token API and the Token module for its functionality. See http://drupal.org/node/1068734 for more information about the changes.
Drupal 7 core also now provides a central function that should be used to output a user's name: format_username() thanks to issue which was accepted into Drupal 7.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, User Management
- Reported installs: 30,465 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 333,845
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 30, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.