Posted by arshadcn on
Radix is a base theme for Drupal. It has Bootstrap, Sass, Gulp, BrowserSync and Font Awesome built-in.
Radix for Drupal 8 is currently under active development and not ready for production. You can help us test it by downloading the alpha release below.
- Download and enable radix:
drush en radix -y; drush vset theme_default radix
- Create a subtheme:
drush cc all; drush radix "Subtheme"
- Set default theme:
drush en subtheme -y; drush vset theme_default subtheme
- Install required modules:
cd /path/to/subtheme; npm run setup
- Update browserSyncProxy in /path/to/subtheme/config.json
Distributions using Radix
- Open Atrium: Open Atrium is an intranet in a box that has group spaces to allow different teams to have their own conversations and collaboration.
- Open Academy: Open Academy is a Drupal distribution that brings the best in web publishing for higher education on a customizable Drupal platform.
- Open Berkeley: Open Berkeley is a turnkey web platform solution for UC Berkeley campus websites.
- Open Restaurant: The Open Restaurant distribution has everything you need to kickstart your restaurant website. It comes with a menu management system, a reservation system, a customizable blog and events management.
- Components and plugins from Bootstrap
- Responsive Panels with Radix Layouts
- Sass, Gulp, BrowserSync and Font Awesome built-in
- Drush intergration:
drush radix "My Subtheme"
- Works with Bootswatch themes:
drush radix "My Subtheme" --bootswatch=cerulean"
- Radix requires jQuery 1.7. You can update jQuery using the jQuery Update module.
- Radix Layouts: Provides responsive layouts for Panels.
- Radix Views: Build responsive grids with Views.
- Radix Core: Brings all the Radix components (theme and modules) together. Great for your distribution make file.
- Radix Colorizer: Make your theme colorizable. Easily. (demo).
- Bootstrap Library: Loads Bootstrap JS library locally instead of CDN.