The Prepopulate module allows fields in most forms to be pre-populated from the $_REQUEST variable.
For example, the following URL,
http://www.example.com/node/add/blog?edit[title]=this is the title
will automatically fill the Title field on a new blog post with the words "this is the title". Any field can be prepopulated this way, including taxonomy and CCK fields. You can prepopulate more than one field at a time as well. Prepopulate is excellent for creating bookmarklets. For examples on usage for all of these cases, please read the USAGE.txt file that comes with the module or you can read the online handbook page.
The syntax for several prepopulate fields has changed and is not yet updated in the documentation. Please seefor several examples of items that have changed.
As of Repopulate 7.x-2.1 the ability to base64 encode request parameters has been removed. See this security advisory for more information.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content
- Reported installs: 8,597 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 178,865
- Last modified: March 2, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.