Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Page Preview is a low-impact alternative to Drupal's core node preview functionality.
Why would I need this?
Drupal's regular node add/edit form provides a "Preview" button that allows you to see what your node content will look like after all of the input filters are applied, without having to first save the node. However, it doesn't allow you to see what the entire node will look like within the context of a fully rendered page.
This module re-implements the Preview area of the node edit form as an IFRAME that renders and displays the full page view of your edited content as the anonymous user would see it, including elements such as blocks that display as a reaction to the page context. The module also supports Page Manager (part of the Chaos Tools suite), meaning you should be able to preview nodes that are being rendered by Panels in full page form, as well.
Lower your expectations slightly
Page Preview aims to give you an accurate visual impression of how your edited content will look in the context of the page, However, since the database will not actually reflect your changes when the preview is created, it's never going to be 100% perfect at delivering the proper contextual elements all the time. Some things that won't work quite right include:
- Elements that react based on the node ID (Like a views block with a "Node: Nid" argument) may not reflect your edits or in some cases might not show up in the preview at all.
- Adding/editing a node's menu placement won't be reflected in the preview.
- There is limited support for changes Pathauto may make to the URL path context, but some patterns may not work.
- Probably a bunch of other stuff.
Is this safe to use on my production site?
This module is experimental, but since its interaction with the database is limited to cache tables, it should be fairly safe to use. Patches and feature requests are welcome.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content, Content Display
- Reported installs: 4,089 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 16,250
- Last modified: August 17, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.