The MediaFront module is a front end media solution for Drupal. It employs an innovative and intuitive administration interface that allows the website administrator to completely customize the front end media experience for their users without writing any code. In addition, this module provides an interface to which 3rd party media players can integrate and utilize settings presets to display rich media. Out-of-the-box, this module provides two media player solutions.
- The Open Standard Media (OSM) Player is a full featured media player that provides integrated playlist functionality as well as playback of HTML5, YouTube, Vimeo, and Flash.
- The minPlayer is a plugin based minimalistic media player that provides "core" media playback functionality for HTML5, YouTube, Vimeo, and Flash.
Use this module if you would like...
- An open source ( GPL ) and free front end media solution. With a built in jQuery media player!
- HTML5 content delivery with dynamic Flash fallback for non-standard media.
- A dynamic and integrated YouTube and Vimeo player which the same presentation to users.
- Easily themable media player using jQuery-UI ThemeRoller.
- An advanced, easy to use administrator interface for configuring your media player.
- A simple to install and configure front end media solution. Simply install the module and you are ready to go!
It is highly recommended that all new projects use the 7.x-2.x version of MediaFront. It has been refactored to fix many known issues with 7.x-1.x branches. It is estimated to be a stable version before the end of April. With this new release, there is currently a huge effort to update all documentation and videos to help new users and old become accustomed to the new version.
Introduction and Walkthrough Tutorials & Videos
- MediaFront 2.x
- MediaFront 1.x
- Dallas Drupal Meetup 9/19/2011 - Presenting Media - An updated complete walkthrough tutorial presentation using Drupal 7 + Media module + MediaFront
- Drupal Dallas Days 2011 - Presenting Media - A complete walkthrough tutorial presentation using Drupal 7 + Media module + MediaFront
- An outdated tutorial... but still may be useful - DrupalCon San Francisco 2010 BOAF Session Videos.
Upgrading from version 1.x to 2.x
Version 2.x of the MediaFront module is a major refactor and simplification on how the MediaFront module selects the correct media to play. This will not only provide a major performance boost, but also give you much finer granularity into what media the media player plays. It is STRONGLY recommended for all existing 1.x installations to be upgraded. There currently isn't an automated way to upgrade, but there is a walkthrough on how to do it manually.
The following companies have helped sponsor many aspects of this module, and the maintainers would like to thank the following companies for their support for this project
- Truli.net - Ongoing development.
- CyberSafe - OSM Player upgrade for MediaFront 2.x.
- Mile3 Web Development - MediaFront modules 2.x upgrade.
- Alethia Inc. - Initial Development and Website.
- Almede Studio
Special Thanks To
The following people have also had a huge role in helping maintain the documentation and the issue queues. A big thank you to the following users for your help with this project.
- EnjoyLife - Documentation / Issue Queues.
If I have missed anyone, then please let me know...
To find out more about this initiative, please go to MediaFront.org.
We hope you enjoy MediaFront!
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, Media
- Reported installs: 5,983 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 111,167
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.