Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The Mass Contact module allows anyone with the proper permission to send a single email message to multiple users of a site, even to all the authenticated users. There are currently two methods for select users: roles and taxonomy.
This module works by sending a single e-mail to your mail server with all the recipients' e-mail addresses in either the 'To:' or 'Bcc:' field. The mail server is then responsible for parsing out the recipients' addresses and forwarding the message along to everyone.
- You can send a message to one or more categories of users, which are specified by role.
- Large recipient lists may be broken up into smaller chunks.
- The site administrator can control how many messages are allowed to be sent by a single person in an hour.
- The message may be sent such that the recipients' e-mail addresses are hidden from each other.
- The message may be sent as plain text or HTML, even specifying the input format filter to use. (The Drupal 7 version requires the Mime Mail module.)
- The message may include one or more binary file attachments. (The Drupal 7 version requires the Mime Mail module.)
- The site administrator may specify different texts to be placed at the beginning and/or the end of every message that is sent out.
- A copy of the message may be saved as a node.
- Users may opt-out, by category, of receiving mass mailings on their account settings page.
For more information, see the documentation.
- This module was originally developed and the 5.x-1.x branch was maintained by NoahY. Due to a CVS cleanup done in early 2008 to fix some problems, all history, including his name, was deleted.
- The 5.x-2.x, 6.x-1.x, and 7.x-1.x branches were created and maintained by oadaeh.
- I am no longer working for the client I maintained this module for, and I have not had the time, or the motivation, to continue maintaining it, so if you are interested in breathing new life into it, post an issue.
Drupal 6 support
Please note that support for Drupal 6 officially ended on February 24. While there are a few companies offering to support Drupal 6 beyond that window, I (oadaeh) do not have any intention on doing that with this module. Unless someone else steps up to maintain that branch, there will be no support for the 6.x-* branch(es). The existing code can still be downloaded via the "Version control" tab beneath the project title above or the "View all releases" under the Downloads table below.
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 4,653 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 72,638
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: July 16, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.