The Mass Contact module allows anyone with the proper permission to send a single email message to multiple users of a site, even to all the authenticated users. There are currently two methods for select users: roles and taxonomy.
This module works by sending a single e-mail to your mail server with all the recipients' e-mail addresses in either the 'To:' or 'Bcc:' field. The mail server is then responsible for parsing out the recipients' addresses and forwarding the message along to everyone.
- You can send a message to one or more categories of users, which are specified by role.
- Large recipient lists may be broken up into smaller chunks.
- The site administrator can control how many messages are allowed to be sent by a single person in an hour.
- The message may be sent such that the recipients' e-mail addresses are hidden from each other.
- The message may be sent as plain text or HTML, even specifying the input format filter to use. (The Drupal 7 version requires the Mime Mail module.)
- The message may include one or more binary file attachments. (The Drupal 7 version requires the Mime Mail module.)
- The site administrator may specify different texts to be placed at the beginning and/or the end of every message that is sent out.
- A copy of the message may be saved as a node.
- Users may opt-out, by category, of receiving mass mailings on their account settings page.
For more information, see the documentation.
- This module was originally developed and the 5.x-1.x branch was maintained by NoahY. Due to a CVS cleanup done in early 2008 to fix some problems, all history, including his name, was deleted.
- The 5.x-2.x, 6.x-1.x, and 7.x-1.x branches were created and maintained by oadaeh.
- I am no longer working for the client I maintained this module for, and I have not had the time, or the motivation, to continue maintaining it, so if you are interested in breathing new life into it, post an issue.
Similar projects and how they are different