Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Managing News is a robust news and data aggregation engine with pluggable visualization and workflow tools.
- Aggregate RSS/Atom news
- Show news as list or on a map
- Search news
- Republish news by bundling articles into channels
- Configurable location tagging
- Configurable maps
The Knight Foundation helped fund key module development to improve Drupal's mapping and aggregation tools.
User interface improvements
- Multilinguality - MN is translatable right now, but does not support RTL languages for the interface.
- Usability fine tuning: improve workflows, simplify tasks, clarify functionality.
- Further improve moderation UI, allow removing of news items.
- Fix 'time horizon' - right now situations with very high frequency feeds and very low frequency feeds at the same time aren't handled very well - ?
- Further simplify customization of geotagging/mapping feature including optionally shutting it off entirely. This improvement should make it easier to adjust the geotagging/mapping to different geographical areas.
- PubsubHubbub is experimental. Go to admin/build/feeds, edit the syndication importer and enable 'PubSubHubbub' under the fetcher settings.
- Improve tagging by supporting synonyms and pluggable tagging (placemaker, autotagger).
- Functional tests
- Upgrade to Drupal 7.
- Better separation of functionalities, separate mapping stack better, separate listing stack better. Goal: reuse mapping outside of MN, allow other content types than RSS/Atom.