Locker is a site authentication module using session to forbid access and hide website. One is required to login to gain access to the website. Locker is not a replacement for Drupal authentication but it serves as an additional layer to hide your Drupal site from public. Locker is an alternative to HTTP Auth standard and recommended to be used in case your server doesn’t support HTTP Auth or you don’t have permission to set it up or you want additional features that Locker module provides.
WARNING - files will be still accessible via direct links!
- White label development
- Verify site after update as anonymous user - is cache working correctly?
- Replacement for maintenance mode
- Alternative to HTTP Auth
- Hide site from Google Analytics
- Extract Locker module to your sites/all/modules directory
- Enable the Locker module in admin/modules
Re-Installation / update, for now:
- Disable and uninstall module then install new version and enable
- Access locker in admin/config/development/locker
- Lock your Drupal site:
- Choose radio button "Yes"
- Choose login option
- Click "Submit" to lock your drupal site
WARNING: This will lock your Drupal site immediately! Use your credentials to gain access. If you forget you credentials you need to use drush unlock.
- Unlock your Drupal site:
- Choose radio button "No"
- Click "Submit" to unlock your drupal site
Drush commands (D7 only)
- drush lock u username password - to use username and password OR
- drush lock passphrase
- drush unlock
Websolutions Agency can be contacted for paid customisation and setup of this module.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content Access Control, Security, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 2 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 380
- Last modified: November 23, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.