The current LDAP_Integration releases actually contains 5 modules:
- ldapauth - allows users to authenticate against multiple LDAP or AD servers.
- ldapgroups - use LDAP groups as Drupal roles
- ldapdata - provides read or read/write access to LDAP data from within Drupal
- ldapsync - Allows manual or cron based bulk import/update of LDAP users into the Drupal user database
- ldaphelp - to help with the other 4
Releases as of 6/28/2012
- 6.x-1.x-dev is the development version and should have the most recent patches. The current goal is to let the new beta3 gather enough site usage to validate it / fix bug related to this, and issue a V1.0.
- 6.x-1.0-beta3 is the most recent formal release
- LDAP Project is the Drupal 7 version of ldap integration
- Version 5 and 4.7 are no longer supported.
Documentation writers for the beta3 changes are needed!
For advanced ldap related user registration, mass imports, and more, check out the LDAP provisioning module - http://drupal.org/project/ldap_provisioning