Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Adds an extra "Cookie" field to the Language Negotiation settings, allowing the language to be set according to a cookie.
The cookie name, domain & expiration are configurable in the settings page.
- Enable the module and go to: Administration » Configuration » Regional and language » Languages
- Enable the "Cookie" detection method and re-arrange the detection methods as you see fit. The recommended arrangement is: "URL -> Cookie".
- If you a language selection splash screen is needed, the Language Selection Page module is recommended. In this case, the recommended setup is: "URL -> Cookie -> Language Selection Page".
- For the cookie to be set properly on cached pages, the variable
page_cache_invoke_hookshas to be set to TRUE. This can be done by adding the following line to your settings.php file:
$conf['page_cache_invoke_hooks'] = TRUE;
Versions 1.x of this module requires prefix/domain based interface language detection, whereas version 2.x will attempt to get the language from any interface language provider with a lower weight than the Cookie language type. For instance, arrangements such as "Session -> Cookie" should also work now.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,967 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 23,073
- Last modified: May 10, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.