Inline module allows users to display uploaded files and images inline, i.e. place links to files into a content using a simple [inline:filename.jpg] tag. The effect is a link to the file or the display of an image, depending on the file type.
Inline allows users to place an uploaded image or a file attachment anywhere in the content. During creation of a content, a user can simply enter the number or filename of the attachment that should be displayed inline. After submitting the content, the number is automatically converted to the corresponding filename.
- Upload module (Drupal core)
- optional: ImageCache for image scaling (note: ImageCache is no longer supported in Drupal 7).
- 2.x: Development of Inline API, a generic framework to easily inline any kind of content from anywhere, consisting of plugins, widgets, buttons, etc. (From a high level view: A generic Image Assist module).
Developers are encouraged to test and review. Read the battle plan for background information.
This project has been sponsored by:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, File Management, Filters/Editors, Media
- Reported installs: 1,536 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 33,881
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.