The Front Page module allows for customised home pages dependant on role. The pages can be of the following types:
- Alias (only 2.x branch) - Allows for another Drupal path to be shown as the home page without redirecting the user.
- Redirect - Allows you to redirect users to a local or remote URL.
- Themed - Allows you to enter some static text that will be placed into the content area of a standard Drupal page.
- Full - Allows for static content to be displayed to the screen as is. This method does not pass through Drupal's theming system.
The 2.x version of Front page underwent a total rewrite and introduced the Alias method as well as stripping out functionality that was not used or should not be provided as part of this module. This version also allows you to rearrange which roles run before or after other roles via a drag and drop config page. A skip option was also introduced so a front page does not need to be specified. This would mean the user would fall back to firstly the authenticated user roles and then to the core Drupal front page.
The 1.x branch has also been dropped for Drupal 7. It didn't make sense to keep supporting this version in Drupal 7 as it didn't really fit well with the new Drupal API's and the 2.x version should be used for Drupal 7 anyway.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Utility
- Reported installs: 20,480 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 362,144
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.