This module allows administrators to force users, by role, individual user, or newly created user, to change their password on their next page load or login, and/or expire their passwords after a period of time.
- Ability to force all users in a role to change their password
- Ability to force individual users to reset their password from their profile edit page (user/[UID]/edit)
- Ability to set an expiry on passwords so that if users haven't changed their password within that time period, they will be required to do so
- Ability to force all new users to change their password on first-time login (site-wide setting for all new users)
- Ability for admins to force individual users to change their password on first time login when creating a new user. (Note: If the global setting forcing all new users to reset their password is enabled on the module settings page, this checkbox will not appear as it is redundant)
- Listing of stats on the user edit page (user/[UID]/edit) showing:
- Whether the user has a pending forced password change
- When the user last had their password forced to be changed
- When the user last changed their password
- Status page for each role showing:
- Password change details by user
- The last time at which the role was forced to change the password
- A form to force the password change for all users in that role
If your site becomes inaccessible
If your site implements a different page from the standard password change page (such as the chgpwd module), you may render it inaccessible when If you save the settings page. If this happens, you can temporarily disable the module's password checking features by changing this line of code:
$user = new StdClass;
You can then go back in and make your changes on the module settings page. Make sure to change the code back when you are done (and re-test). This temporary fix prevents the module from checking to see if users should be forced to change their password or not, so if you don't change it back this module is useless.
Version 7.x-1.0-RC1: Full Release. Any new functionality and bug fixes will be applied to this version. Currently a release candidate as much of the code was cleaned up and functions were changed for Drupal 7, and therefore may have some hidden problems. However, as no new features were added for this version, and the code was extensively checked, it should all be working fine. If no bugs are reported over the next few weeks I will put out a full release.
Version 6.x-3.x: Full release. Any new functionality and bug fixes will be added to this version.
Version 6.x-1.x, Version 6.x-2.x: Not supported
The Password Policy module comes bundled with the 'Password change tab' module that also provides the ability to force a password change for users. You may want to try out both modules to see which one better suits your needs.
This module has been developed by Jaypan.