This module allows administrators to force users, by role, individual user, or newly created user, to change their password on their next page load or login, and/or expire their passwords after a period of time.
- Ability to force all users in a role to change their password
- Ability to force individual users to reset their password from their profile edit page (user/[UID]/edit)
- Ability to set an expiry on passwords so that if users haven't changed their password within that time period, they will be required to do so
- Ability to force all new users to change their password on first-time login (site-wide setting for all new users)
- Ability for admins to force individual users to change their password on first time login when creating a new user. (Note: If the global setting forcing all new users to reset their password is enabled on the module settings page, this checkbox will not appear as it is redundant)
- Listing of stats on the user edit page (user/[UID]/edit) showing:
- Whether the user has a pending forced password change
- When the user last had their password forced to be changed
- When the user last changed their password
- Status page for each role showing:
- Password change details by user
- The last time at which the role was forced to change the password
- A form to force the password change for all users in that role
If your site becomes inaccessible
If your site becomes unusable or inaccessible for some reason, you can temporarily disable the module functionality using the following methods:
Edit settigs.php and add the following line:
$config['force_password_change.settings']['enabled'] = FALSE;
$conf['force_password_change_module_enabled'] = FALSE;
Fix whatever problems you have then remove the line to re-enable the module functionality.
Version 8.x-1.x: In development
Version 7.x-2.0: Fixes various bugs reported in 7.x-1.0. Adds some new features
Version 7.x-1.0: No longer supported.
Version 6: No longer supported.
The Password Reset Landing Page module forces users to use a new password when using the password recovery page. This module is complimentary to the Force Password Change module.
The Password Policy module comes bundled with the 'Password change tab' module that also provides the ability to force a password change for users. You may want to try out both modules to see which one better suits your needs.
This module has been developed by Jaypan.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 2,224 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 21,823
- Last modified: February 25, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.