Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Stop clicking together your Features
Save valuable time (and sanity) by bypassing the process of picking and choosing which components go into which Features. Features Builder is a module that analyzes the build of your Drupal site and automatically builds Feature modules to capture the site's configuration.
Please lend a hand
Features Builder it now at a useful and stable point, but there's more to be done. If you'd like to contribute to the success of this project, please help out:
- Spin up a new Drupal site, set up some configuration, and test drive the building and rebuilding process.
- Install Features Builder on a local/dev copy of existing site. See what gaps exist in the coverage of feature-izable components.
- Report bugs and issues which you encounter.
- Thoughtful direction on the UI/UX would be greatly appreciated.
- Document the Features Builder API.
- Craft user documentation and best practices for developing/extending Features Builder.
How does it work?
The main functionality is built around the idea of a "builder" which is responsible for identifying what configuration it's responsible for. Various administrative screens allow you to see what's available on your site, how the builders will package your configuration, and one-click operation to generate and install the Features modules.
What if I need to change the builders?
Here are a few ways to change the behaviors of the builders, unfortunately all require custom coding at this time. In order of complexity:
- Implement hook_features_builder_components_BUILDER_alter(): This is a last-chance to adjust which components a builder will include in the Features module it's generating.
- Implement hook_features_builders_info_alter(): Declare your own builder and tell Features Builder to use it instead. Don't forget you can extend existing builder classes.
- Implement hook_features_builders_info(): Provide your own builder to the Features Builder system. Once again remember you can extend existing builder classes.
I hate the way you packaged the configuration! #$@&%*!
Super! This methodology was developed over years of developing (and deploying) Drupal projects and has proven to be a reliable and effective way to package a site's configuration. If you'd like to completely overhaul the way the builders function, that's cool too. Create your own module that implements hook_features_builders_info() to declare your own builders and use those instead of the builders included in the Features Builder Default sub-module.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Utility
- Reported installs: 337 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,846
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 22, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.