Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module provides authentication services and an API to perform actions against Facebook. This module allows users to login to Drupal through the service commonly known as "Facebook Connect". This module is built with simplicity and flexibility in mind, it provides login services (and does it well), and an API for performing any other actions you may want to write yourself to query against Facebook's APIs.
- One-click login through Facebook.
- Automatic import of user e-mail and profile information during initial login.
- Integration with Profile module to map Facebook data to Profile fields. (Drupal 6)
- Integration with Field module to map Facebook data to fields on users. (Drupal 7)
- A flexible and direct API for modules to get authenticated and query Facebook's APIs (plus extensive documentation).
- Extensive permission settings for Facebook data retrieval.
- The ability to de-authenticate or unlink a Facebook account from a Drupal account.
- Does not require any external libraries or downloads.
The use of the "OAuth" Facebook API is not of importance to normal users, but its given this name to separate itself from other projects such as Facebook Connect and the Facebook projects, which both use a mix of Facebook APIs and cover a much wider scope of built-in functionality.
7.x-1.x and 6.x-1.x which use Graph API v1.x was deprecated on April 30, 2015.
We're already working on 7.x-2.x version which uses API v2.3:
It would be really great if you try it now, and help us with testing.
- Complete Profile or Profile Fields Force Filling: Require users to enter additional profile information after login.
- Facebook Rules: Perform more complicated imports of data on user login.
- Facebook OAuth Profile2 Integration: If you use Profile2 for user profiles, this lets FBOAuth populate Profile2 fields.
This module was sponsored by The Recording Academy.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Third-party Integration, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 5,387 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 77,515
- Last modified: October 9, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.