Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Event Bookings integrates the Bookings API functionality with a date enabled node - aka "Event". Specifically, this module provides the following functionality:
- Book resources directly from an Event - aka date enabled Nodes.
- Allow either multiple or exclusive booking of resources.
- Extends Views to allow joins of an "Event" with a booked resource
- Provide "out of the box" calendar views of bookable resources
- Provide ajax functionality that refreshes available resources when date values change on an Event edit page
- Provide links to conflicting events.
- Provide security permissions to allow/restrict users from booking resources.
- Define Event Content Type to be an availability or booking.
- Specifiy whether pending bookings show as conflicts
- If you have rights, you can set the status of a booking from a Node edit screen
- New views to show availabilities and booked resources for an event.
- All day support
Installation & Setup
How does bookingsapi & eventbookings differ from Resource Conflict?
Resource Conflict queries the date field entries for a Node to locate conflicts. For a simple booking scenario, this works pretty well. However, bookingsapi & eventbookings offers additional functionality:
- Proper repeat verification - Resource Conflict can verify that a booking doesn't violate an existing repeating event, but if a new repeating event is entered which causes a conflict, it will be unable to detect it. Bookingsapi is able to handle this use case.
- Ability to define global or arbitrary sets of availabilties and unavailabilties for a bookable resource
- Hierarchy of resources - that way you can book entire building or specific meeting rooms (not currently supported by eventbookings)
- Bookings workflow - a booking can have a state such as "pending" or "finalized" - you can conditionally decide how "pending" states affect the booking conflicts
- Triggers/Actions - to automate the workflow/approval process of a booking
- All day support - define a booking start & stop time to be associated with an All day Event
- Progressive enhancement of resource availabilities - instead of having to submit a form to find out if there is a conflict - eventbookings evaluates conflicts, via ajax, when the date/time is set on the edit form
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Event, Utility
- Reported installs: 12 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,732
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!