An entity collection can be used as a replacement for Node queue that works for all entities.
Entity collection has pluggable backends for storage. It comes with a DB backend but you can write your own backend for storing the entities. You select your preferred storage backend per bundle.
Entity collections are fieldable so you can add metadata to your collections (like descriptions and whatever you want).
Supports any entity
Entity collections can contain entity, and you can have more than one type of entity in them. This could be useful in some cases. You can also select which entity types you want to allow per entity collection.
Each entity collection can have one or more required contexts. Each context can have it's own tree of items. This plays well with panels, so you can output your collections with different contexts using page manager.
Pluggable row styles and collections styles
Rows and styles are plugins and you can create your own if you want to. There is support for view mode row plugins and mini panels style plugins. Each row can have it's own style.
Sub-collections and single item rendering with mini-panels
One can from an entity collection now single out a couple of items (i.e limit to 3 items, starting from the 2nd item in the collection), and then choose to render these with one mini-panel.
This mini-panel can then in turn divide the collection further down, or choose to render a single item from this context as a placeholder with another mini-panel that has a context of any of the types allowed in your entity collections.
Entity collection integrates with rules, so you can add, remove and control you entity collection through rules.
TODO: We should update the roadmap, for now i'll keep it as it is.
- Panel specific row rendering, for example, say that we're using the entity collection row rendering setting style as the default, but allow for overrides in each panel that is placed out on a page or panelized node.
- Node add form, a form that can be used in views or placed out on a node-page, to simplify adding items to a entity collection.
- Views integration, allow for customization of the fields used in the entity collection management listing.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display
- Reported installs: 46 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,127
- Last modified: December 18, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.